Autonomic and responsive communication / network fabric
Dynamic association in wireless mesh networks
- Extend association mechanisms of WLANs to Wireless Mesh Networks (WMNs).
- Avoid common association problems and take into account WMNs’ specific characteristics.
- Expand on RSSI based association.
- Mitigate hot-spot congestion.
- Detect traffic load in real-time.
- Association oscillation avoidance.
- Accelerate network convergent speed.
- Cost metric to dynamically determine optimal association.
- Periodic probe broadcast frames.
User-centric cross-layer design and optimization
- Derive user layer and model as part of protocol stack
- Investigate influence of user layer on cross-layer optimization
- Improve users’ satisfaction and meet dynamic requirements.
- Empower users to control and influence network resources based on behavior and capabilities.
- Define user layer and its attributes.
- Identify key parameters to influence resource allocation to meet user PQoS.
Distributed data caching and management
Intelligent peer-to-peer caching
Develop an intelligent and scalable peer-to-peer data caching & management system for ubiquitous sensor data.
- Optimal data mining & discovery algorithms
- Maximise information value.
- Minimise cache size requirement.
- Minimise data traffic.
- Security, integrity and privacy issues with shared data.
- Efficient public-private data partitioning algorithms.
- Optimal data structure to suit applications/services.
- Efficient Information extraction.
- Distributed caching in heterogeneous devices.
- Neighborhood context awareness.
- Hierarchical context aggregation and fusion.