- Context-aware framework and architecture.
- Autonomic distributed architecture.
- Supporting heterogeneous devices and systems.
- Scalability (architecture, context metadata, etc.).
- Incorporating social & episodic relationships.
- Location accuracy.
- Location latency.
- Building the virtual world.
- Real-time communication channels between worlds.
- Modular framework to build applications and services.
Participatory 3D Virtual Worlds
3D mirror world with Geo-tagged multimedia content.
Information sharing and community networks.
Explore mechanisms to promote connection and social interaction between users in virtual world and people in physical space.
- Virtual space getting increasingly popular.
- May lead to social problems, particularly with addiction.
- Need to devise ways to reconnect virtual users back to real world.
- Devise interactive message wall to promote social interaction between real and virtual space.
- Incorporate sensors to detect user proximity and status in virtual and real space.
- Study effectiveness of interaction.
Cross-cultural studies of collaborative workspace
- Tightly coupled remote work spaces with effective tele-presence.
SEISMIC: Socially & Episodically Indexed Spaces for Media-Information Collaboration
Incorporate localization metadata.
Organize into social & episodic context database suitable for convenient retrieval.
Information tends to have social and episodic reference.
Manual organization, utilization & consumption of voluminous data.
- Tag information within social context.
- Incorporate localization metadata.